Monday, July 30, 2012

life lately

i've been obsessed with the idea of organization lately - everything from organizing my home to my finances. organization and all things domestic have pretty much taken over my thought process.
things like; dreaming of painting a chalkboard wall in my kitchen, baking a blueberry cheesecake and displaying it on a colorful cake stand that i don't yet own, hosting late night cocktail parties (which end up more like late night beer gatherings) with jp, hambone, and p, and hosting dinner parties for two in my slightly spacious kitchen.
i'm enchanted by scouring farmer's markets in search of the perfect peach, plum, or the weekly challenge of finding a "new" vegetable to try. the next challenge is to finally take these fresh veggies home and actually do something with them.

on saturday i spent a couple of hours working on a personal budget - however, i think the only thing i've learned so far is that i can make a pretty nifty excel spreadsheet - the "budgeting" part will just have to come later.

and don't even get me started on how badly i want to fix up the ol' blog site! if only i knew a thing or two about html codes and all those other computer savvy in betweens, i'd have a rockin' little site to sport all my thoughts. if anyone in the blogging world can offer suggestions, or tutorial, or just all around wants to help me redesign my blog - not only would i love you forever, but i would pay you back in hugs and cupcakes.

the new roomie officially moves in tomorrow - so i'm excited to squeeze in a few hours of girl time to get to know each other better. i hope she forgives me for not scrubbing the kitchen floor prior to her arrival (i promise it's on my mile long to-do list!).

now i'm off to browse the internet for more "southern cooking" recipes in hopes of actually making dinner tomorrow night!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment