Wednesday, August 22, 2012

sometimes my friday is a thursday



apologies for the week long blog hiatus!

i wish i had a better excuse for my absence - but i was off from work for the last five days so i guess there really isn't much of an excuse. well, i guess being a little lazy and enjoying some sunshine is a good excuse right? right.

thursday was my friday and today is my monday (are you following me here?!) so technically i finally had a weekend off with the rest of the world.

friday night i had dinner at boa in santa monica then sped back to hollywood to celebrate a dear friend's birthday at (my favorite nightclub at the moment) sayer's club.
saturday was spent driving around aimlessly most of the afternoon
(mainly because my car has a/c and my apartment doesn't) 
then ended with a dip in the pool and popcorn and a movie in bed, 
and sunday supper at mercato di vetro with hambone
 followed by a quiet drink on the patio at
(thank you heather for getting me out of my sunday funk).

i spent the rest of my time off sleeping and telling myself that i would (finally) get up and start knocking things off my "to-do" list. things like:
  • laundry
  • organizing my closet
  • dropping things off at goodwill
  • car wash
  • mani/pedi (hey! a girl has to have cute nails)
  • bang trim
  • oil change
  • reorganizing the kitchen
luckily, i was able to get most of it done by late yesterday morning - so i spent a couple hours at the beach  for some quality time with my ipod, a magazine and myself.

all in all, i think i have a pretty damn good excuse for my little blog break.
good. i thought you'd think so too

xxoo




3 comments:

  1. following you from his little lady! such a cute blog you have, come check mine out if you get a chance.

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun day! found you through His Little Lady :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute is this blog (and you?). so glad i found it! :)

    ReplyDelete