Friday, August 26, 2011

#48 go sailing

After learning (over a drunken conversation that involved one too many glasses of champagne drank from a straw- but that's another story in itself) that one of my '101 Things To Do' was to go sailing, Pat (my awesome surf instructor) invited me to come along with him and some buddies one Tuesday afternoon. I grabbed Kelly and her boating shoes, threw on a trucker hat,  (Britney Spears circa K-Fed days wants her look back) and headed out to the Marina.

Remember that important fact I learned about surfing? Yeah...the swimming part. Well, I found that it's not as much a necessity when you go sailing. Unless of course there are six of you on a sailboat - then you run the chance of the boat sinking (perhaps that was something I made up in my own head) and me warning my dear friends that should the boat start to sink, it would be nice if the people that actually know how to swim go overboard and kindly allow me to continue floating down the Pacific peacefully.

Me: "There's a lot of us on this boat"
Pat: "Yeah. I don't think I've ever had this many on here before (laughs) hopefully we won't sink"
Kelly: "Oh for f**ks-sake"
Me: "Well, if we start to sink...I think the polite thing to do would be for all of you to jump     overboard since you know how to swim and I don't"
Pat: "You don't know how to swim? Didn't you just take a surfing lesson?"
Kelly: "Oh for f**ks-sake"
Me: "Technicalities..."

Needless to say I had an amazing time sailing. I mean, there honestly wasn't much to it other than just floating in the ocean - and getting lulled to sleep (all while wishing there was a way to incorporate some sort of BBQ pit on the boat so I could have a burger).

Number 47 - check. Now on to the next...

No comments:

Post a Comment